Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh Me, Oh My, Oh Tebins...

Let me tell you a little something about Kevin Speltz aka Oh Tebins. Originally from Seattle, Speltz has been living in Tucson for the past three years but he will be moving to Brooklyn this fall. He happens to be pretty skilled with the whole music thing and recently shared with us his musical beginnings, inspiration and future plans.

THE BEGINNING
I started around age 16. The early years were mostly trial and error. In 2009, I switched genres, and as things got a little more polished I started to take myself seriously and worked to develop a sound that I could identify with. 

THE INSPIRATION

Musically, I am inspired by catchy Big Band horns, quality Hip Hop, Soul singers, and just a splash of ethnic Jazz. I am starting to listen to more Electronic music lately. I really like the sounds of Atlas, Dauwd, and Luvian. In life, I am inspired by new surroundings, very late nights, and good ol' fashioned fun.

THE PRESENT & THE FUTURE
I'm currently focused on editing and adding to my live set. It's a never-ending process, and I think the effort that I have put into it thus far reads really well. I hope to gather some bookings for early 2013 so I can share what I have built.

Oh Tebens also shared a Free EP which can be found in the Soundcloud widget below. If you like what you hear, make sure to click on the links below for more of his work!



No comments:

Post a Comment