Thursday, October 25, 2012

Don't get too close. You might catch the Dubvirus.


Welcome Dubvirus A.K.A Sacha Csicsery-Ronay while he answers a few question about himself. Do you think Dubvirus will be another 24 hour bug, or something more substantial like warts? It's to early to make assumptions. So lets just get to know him first. 

Where are you from? 

I grew up in the Midwestern United States, and I've been living in San Francisco for 4 years now. 

How long have you been doing what you do? 

I have been producing music in some form or another for fourteen years now, and I am constantly trying to develop and refine my skills further. Most of my technique comes from self-instruction and practice, but I have taken production and songwriting courses with Berklee School of Music as well. 

Who or what inspires you? 

Every day I am struck by the passion and talent that is going into the West Coast electronic music scene. The California festivals have been a huge inspiration for me to put my soul into creating memorable and moving musical experiences for people. I am also in constant awe and appreciation of the other producers on the circuit, the music they create is always pushing me to keep upping my game. 

What are you currently working on? 

I recently completed a new EP, entitled 'DNA' which will be dropping exclusively on January 21st exclusively on Beatport, followed by a major release on February 4th. I'm excited about this release because it will showcase what I feel is my best work thus far, and should indicate to the world my true style as a producer. We have a remix compilation planned for soon after, and in the meantime I am already well underway with more tracks that are pushing the boundaries of electronic dance music.

whats next? 

 Music is my life. My plan is to simply to continue dedicating myself completely to production and performance, and to rise as high as I can doing what I love doing more than anything else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment